A successful fisherman knows WHAT kind of fish he wants to catch, he knows HOW to catch it, and he knows WHERE to find it. So when he casts his line, he is likely to reel in a keeper. However, when it comes to casting votes, too often people don’t know the criteria for what makes a “fish” good or desirable, and they don’t know where to go to find it, so when they cast their votes, the end up reeling in a bad fish.
Scripture not only tells us what characteristics to look for in a worthy leader, it also tells us where to go to find such people – the church. Before casting your vote, have you considered what kind of “fish” you might reel in?
Please listen to and share today’s 1-minute Stand in the Gap program as Sam helps us identify the scriptural criteria for “bad fish” so you can cast an informed vote and reel in a “keeper.”
For a 60-second investment of your time, and a 5-second Facebook post or Tweet, you will help your friends consider this vital question: What criteria do you use when deciding who to cast your vote for?
In Defense of Truth & Freedom,
American Pastors Network
Family Update – Thursday, May 15, 2014
Voter’s Guide Launched
The Pennsylvania Family Institute’s Primary Voter’s Guide is live at pafamilyvoter.com. See where the candidates in your area stand on key issues such as:
- Protecting unborn children when capable of feeling pain.
- Adding special rights to state law based on “sexual orientation” and “gender identity.”
- Taxpayer funding for abortion businesses.
- The definition of marriage.
- The adoption of Common Core standards.
- Direct grants for school choice.
The PFI Voter Guide is a non-partisan information source for you, your family, your church, and your friends who care about the direction of Pennsylvania’s law and culture. It’s based on candidates’ signed responses to our questionnaire, or sitting lawmakers’ voting record on these issues. Share the Voter’s Guide with your friends and church! Tell them to visit www.PAFamilyVoter.com.
Thank you, as always, for your support, which makes public information projects like this possible. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to PFI so that we can continue to inform voters across Pennsylvania about where candidates stand on the issues that matter to families.
Brief Notes from PLC –
Ken Blackwell, Family Research Council. He wrote the book RESURGENT: How Constitutional Conservatism Can Save American. “Ronald Reagan is back and this time he is black.”
Mother said there are three important books (not in order)
- Date book – how spend time and who with
- Checkbook – tells how you spend you money not matter how much or meager
- Good book keeps on path of conviction than than path of convenience
Dad added fourth book; although mother argued not a book – the constitution (We are all equal to the image God created us; your human rights are not a gift from government, but a gift from God.)
- Hebrew 12 verse 1 – cloud of witnesses watching how we run the race
- Psalms 11 verse 3 if the foundations are being destroyed
- John 3, those who would like to do evil love the darkness
Our country has come through great challenges before, the question is will we rise up now when once again American is being challenged. Do we have the will. In this democracy it means willing elections.