Click link above to view article
Washington D.C.—Congressman Tom Marino, PA-10, Lycoming County called on Centers for Disease Control Director, Tom Frieden to resign from his position citing failures in adequate hospital preparation, public information dissemination and overall protection of high-traffic public transportation facilities.Congressman Marino also called for a complete travel ban for persons, other than (continue reading)
WHO: U.S. Rep. Tom Marino
10th Congressional District of Pennsylvania
WHAT: Washington Update
ISIS or ISIL Threat to America
Ebola Outbreak in the U. S.
WHEN: This coming Monday, October 13, 2014 at 7:00PM
WHERE: Best Western Country Cupboard Inn, Lewisburg
Baylor Conference Room
Lower level, west side
AUDIENCE: Public is invited free of charge. Those with opposing points of view are always welcome to SVC meetings.
Freedom is the Ultimate Winner in Conestoga Wood and Hobby Lobby Supreme Court Decision
Pennsylvania Family Institute applauds ruling as important First Amendment victory
Liberty in America was affirmed and protected today as the United States Supreme Court sided with advocates for First Amendment freedoms, and rejected government overreach into the lives of those who own and operate businesses.
Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI) congratulates the Hahn Family, old-order Mennonites from Lancaster County and the founders and owners of Conestoga Wood Specialties, who challenged the federal government’s contraceptive drug coverage mandate.“The Hahns made it very clear from the start being forced to provide employee coverage for drugs that can cause an abortion would be a severe violation of their religious faith and conscience, (continue reading)
Brief Notes from 2014 PLC –
Sally Pipes, from Pacific Research Institute stated there is only solution for Obamacare/AFA and that is to repeal and replace.
- Phil English, former US Representative spoke on malpractice reform.
- Terence Farrell, Chester County Commissioner spoke about the costs to the tax payer for county employees and prisoners under AFA.
- Lisa Nancollas, Mifflin Co Tea Party Patriots spoke on healthcare compacts and how the Pennsylvania senators and governor are not in support.
- Charles Proctor, III, Proctor, Lindsay, & Dixon spoke as legal council to Conestoga who has filled a suite which is currently waiting a decision from the supreme court.
- Elizabeth Steele, Commonwealth Foundation spoke on medicaid reform.
Conestoga Wood Specialties, a family-run business owned by the Hahns, are seeking a religious exemption from the HHS mandate so that they will not be forced through their business to provide drugs that can cause an abortion. Everyone should be free to live and do business according to their faith. Learn more at http://www.pafamily.org/prayforthehahns.php #PrayfortheHahns #ReligiousFreedom