Click link above to view article
Washington D.C.—Congressman Tom Marino, PA-10, Lycoming County called on Centers for Disease Control Director, Tom Frieden to resign from his position citing failures in adequate hospital preparation, public information dissemination and overall protection of high-traffic public transportation facilities.Congressman Marino also called for a complete travel ban for persons, other than (continue reading)
WHO: U.S. Rep. Tom Marino
10th Congressional District of Pennsylvania
WHAT: Washington Update
ISIS or ISIL Threat to America
Ebola Outbreak in the U. S.
WHEN: This coming Monday, October 13, 2014 at 7:00PM
WHERE: Best Western Country Cupboard Inn, Lewisburg
Baylor Conference Room
Lower level, west side
AUDIENCE: Public is invited free of charge. Those with opposing points of view are always welcome to SVC meetings.
Freedom is the Ultimate Winner in Conestoga Wood and Hobby Lobby Supreme Court Decision
Pennsylvania Family Institute applauds ruling as important First Amendment victory
Liberty in America was affirmed and protected today as the United States Supreme Court sided with advocates for First Amendment freedoms, and rejected government overreach into the lives of those who own and operate businesses.
Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI) congratulates the Hahn Family, old-order Mennonites from Lancaster County and the founders and owners of Conestoga Wood Specialties, who challenged the federal government’s contraceptive drug coverage mandate.“The Hahns made it very clear from the start being forced to provide employee coverage for drugs that can cause an abortion would be a severe violation of their religious faith and conscience, (continue reading)
Brief Notes from 2014 PLC –
Sally Pipes, from Pacific Research Institute stated there is only solution for Obamacare/AFA and that is to repeal and replace.
- Phil English, former US Representative spoke on malpractice reform.
- Terence Farrell, Chester County Commissioner spoke about the costs to the tax payer for county employees and prisoners under AFA.
- Lisa Nancollas, Mifflin Co Tea Party Patriots spoke on healthcare compacts and how the Pennsylvania senators and governor are not in support.
- Charles Proctor, III, Proctor, Lindsay, & Dixon spoke as legal council to Conestoga who has filled a suite which is currently waiting a decision from the supreme court.
- Elizabeth Steele, Commonwealth Foundation spoke on medicaid reform.
Conestoga Wood Specialties, a family-run business owned by the Hahns, are seeking a religious exemption from the HHS mandate so that they will not be forced through their business to provide drugs that can cause an abortion. Everyone should be free to live and do business according to their faith. Learn more at http://www.pafamily.org/prayforthehahns.php #PrayfortheHahns #ReligiousFreedom
If you are wondering why “Red” Envelope Day is now “Life” Envelope Day, the answer is painfully simple. Our campaign was threatened with legal action by parties OUTSIDE the Pro-Life Movement, who took exception to use of the “red envelope” in the name we have used since 2010. We simply had no choice but to rename the campaign “Life Envelope Day”.
Republican Congressman Tom Marino will be the guest speaker at the SVC meeting scheduled for next Monday evening December 9. The meeting will begin at 7:00PM in the Baylor Conference Room at the Best Western Country Cupboard Inn, Lewisburg.
Congressman Marino will do a “town hall” style meeting talking about important subjects including:
• the collapse of Obamacare and where do we go from here on healthcare
• the continuing crisis of the national debt
• road blocks in the U.S. Senate arising from the tenure of Senator Harry Reid and his majority
• the impact of President Obama’s liberal presidency both at home and abroad
• the prospects for conservative Republicans to take an off-year election majority in the Senate while retaining their majority in the U.S. House
The meeting is open to the public free of charge. Those with opposing points of view are welcome to attend.