Yesterday (January 27), a majority of the 41 member farm bill conference committee signed the conference report on the 2014 Farm Bill. The House is expected to vote on the Farm Bill tomorrow, January 29, followed by the Senate. Farm Bureau is supportive of the bill, H.R. 2642 as it places a high priority on the decisions to:
- Provide considerable savings in the bill to reduce the federal government budget deficit;
- Protect and strengthen the federal crop insurance program;
- Develop a commodity title that provides producers safety net options that encourages them to follow market signals rather than basing planting decisions on anticipation of government payments;
- Refrain from basing any program on cost of production; and
- Provide a safety net based on gross margin insurance for the dairy industry.
Contact your Member of Congress and Senators Casey and Toomey and ask that they support H.R. 2642, the 2014 Farm Bill. The bill will provide farmers and ranchers certainty for the coming year and allow USDA to plan for an orderly implementation of the bill’s provisions.
Click the link below to log in and send your message: