2011 CANDIDATE SCHOOL
Monday, January 17
Holiday Inn Express (Williamsburg Square)
Waddle Road, State College
Registration: $40 per person
Please contact Deb Flavin (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who aspire to public service: Candidates already in the race; those testing the waters and want to learn more.
Campaign managers and/or senior advisors are also eligible to attend. Registration fee is required.
What Will You Learn?
- Getting Your Name on the Ballot: How to begin; when and how to file; how campaigns are run
- Building Your Campaign Team: Roles and responsibilities
- Speaking of Volunteers – How to know the difference between fans and volunteers; phone calls and door knocks; planning and time management
- Communicating Effectively – Fine-tuning your talking points; identifying issue strengths
- Fundraising – How to raise money; where to begin and how to ask
- Using the Internet – Leveraging social networks; tweeting to success; your campaign website
- Working with The Centre GOP – Services available; precincts and their leaders; calendar of events
- … and much more
Additional information coming soon!